SOLD! Built in 1926 and still in the same family. Often visited by roaring ‘20’s socialites were such Tahoe notables such as Stanley Dollar boat racing enthusiast and developer of Dollar Point, Lawrence Ames CEO of Continental Airlines, The Ghirardelli’s of San Francisco chocolate fame and Henry Kaiser. Mr Kaiser was a frequent dinner guest at the Stone House. He was so inspired by the stone work that he commissioned the Italian stone mason who built Stone House to build the Kaiser Estate which is now Fleur du Lac. It was just recently confirmed that an heir to the Hapsburg dynasty was conceived in the back bedroom! Offered for the first time on the market in 87 years this Tahoe treasure can now be yours!
• 4 bedrooms, 5th bedroom in detached bunk house, 2.5 baths
• Approximately 2058 Sqft. Of living area, over ½ acre parcel
• Massive stone woodburning fireplace in 2 story livingroom
• 1 / 4 interest in newer steel pier and full ownership of one boat mooring buoy
• Very private end of road location but only aprx 400ft to your private pier
• Prestigious Westshore of Tahoe, Homewood location
• In 2002: new roof, wiring, refurbished kitchen & baths, new French doors, paving
• New forced air natural gas furnace added. Completely winterized
• Very rare historic property in great condition updated for modern comfortable living plus very rare private pier and mooring buoy amenity.
• Close to the beach but screened from the highway backing to Conservancy and USFS land
• All BMP’s, sewer test, survey, pest inspection and much more already completed.
Offered for $1,595,000 SOLD!
Click the thumbnails below to view larger images of this property: